Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Silver Kiss

Image credit: LibraryThing.com
Klause, Annette Curtis. The Silver Kiss. New York: Delacorte Press, 1990.

Annotation: A mysterious young man with a dark secret shows up and helps a teenage girl dealing with a dying mother and an emotionally absent father in a town that recently had a string of strange murders.

Book talk:
Should I let him in? He had blood on his face the other day. He was eating something. A bird? But he seems lonely and full of despair. Like me and how my father is always with my mother at the hospital. It’s just me at this house alone all the time because they won’t let me see her. And now my best friend is moving away. Maybe he’ll understand about loneliness and the pain of death. But what about the blood? And the murders here recently? What if he is the killer? I believe he’s been watching me. But again his voice sounds like he’ll understand. Should I let him in?

Awards: 
  • 1991 Locus Award for first novel
  • Oklahoma Sequoyah Young Adult Book Award
  • Maryland Black-Eyed Susan Award
  • South Carolina Children's Book Award
  • California Young Reader Medal

No comments:

Post a Comment